قديم 15-06-2007, 12:53 PM
عاشق القمر عاشق القمر غير متصل
عضو مميّز

تاريخ التّسجيل: Sep 2005
المشاركات: 1,761
إفتراضي

PMI - Plus/Minus/Interesting

What is PMI?

PMI stands for 'Plus/Minus/Interesting'. It is a valuable development (by Edward de Bono) of the 'pros and cons' technique used for centuries.
PMI is a basic decision making tool. When you are facing a difficult decision, simply draw up a table headed up 'Plus', 'Minus', and 'Interesting'. In the column underneath the 'Plus' heading, write down all the positive points of taking the action. Underneath the 'Minus' heading write down all the negative effects. In the 'Interesting' column write down the extended implications of taking the action, whether positive or negative.

Scoring your PMI table
You may be able to make a decision just from the table you have drawn up. Alternatively, consider each of the points you have written down and assign a positive or negative score to each appropriately. The scores you assign can be entirely subjective. Once you have done this, add up the score. A strongly positive score indicated that an action should be taken, a strongly negative score that it should be avoided.
An example is shown below:

Should I move to the big city?

Plus Minus Interesting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More going on Have to sell my Easier to find a new job? (+1)
(+5) house (-6)
Easier to see More pollution (-3) Meet more people? (+2)
my friends
(+5) Less space (-3) More difficult to get work done?(-4)
No countryside (-2)
Easier to get More difficult to get to work? (-4)
places (+3)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 -14 -5 = - 6
Total = -6 - I'm happier living just outside the city.

For further information
Edward de Bono, Serious Creativity, HarperBusiness, New York, US, 1992.

Links

سأغيب وقد يطول غيابى
فان طال
فتذكّرونى بالخير
وسامحونى على التقصير والذلل
وان عدت فترقبونى فى حلّة جديدة

اخوكم/
عاشق القمر
الرد مع إقتباس